These definitions are to be read in conjunction with the following Terms and Conditions of Business:
Copysure Editorial Services
Herein referred to as ‘Copysure’, is a trading name and refers to Dawn Hoare, or any other person in the employ of Dawn Hoare for their services. Our offices are located at 3 Hubbard Close, Heckington, Lincolnshire, NG34 9UT.
Refers to the person or organisation that has specifically engaged our services.
Unless otherwise stated, refers to the content intentionally displayed when entering or redirected to the URL ‘www.copysure.co.uk’ or any content filed under its sub-directories.
Refers to any person accessing our website, who under their own responsibility proceeds to view and/or act upon its content, is in full acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions of Business.
- Copysure will carry out the work for the Client with due professional confidentiality.
- Copysure will begin work either upon receiving written acceptance by the Client, or on written confirmation from Copysure of acceptance of a commission from the Client. E-mail correspondence is acceptable as confirmation of agreement to do the work.
- It is the responsibility of the Client to provide a clear, detailed brief. Should the brief be unsatisfactory, Copysure reserves the right to charge for any additional work that arises as a result.
- If, after an initial review of the work, Copysure determines that the amount of work will exceed the original estimate, Copysure will notify the Client as soon as possible so that they can provide the additional outstanding information. Copysure reserves the right to, upon notification of the Client, increase the estimate or decline to do the work.
- Copysure cannot vouch for the accuracy of the information provided by the Client and does not accept any liability for damage if it should prove that the information provided to Copysure by the Client was incorrect or incomplete.
- Copysure will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that the work is returned to the client within the agreed time frame. There may be instances when this is not possible, for example if the brief changes; if the Client fails to meet agreed deadlines in the course of the project; or if there is some unforeseen and unavoidable circumstance. In any of these cases the Client will be notified as soon as possible, and a mutual decision reached as to how to proceed.
- Copysure will endeavour to work to the highest professional standard and to make sure the text is as accurate as is humanly possible. However, the Client should be aware that, very occasionally, minor errors or omissions might be made. It is widely accepted within the publishing industry that a very small degree of human error may occur.
- If the Client is dissatisfied with the quality of the work done by Copysure, Copysure must be notified in writing within 10 days of the Client’s receipt of the document. If Copysure agrees that the quality is not acceptable, the work will be redone at no additional cost to the client within a reasonable time frame. If Copysure is unable to rectify the work, a discount on the price payable will be granted.
- Copysure cannot accept the Client’s complaint if they have made changes to the work themselves or changes have been made by a third-party.
- If the Client withdraws the work, they will be liable to pay for any work already completed.
- Copysure will not undertake work that knowingly infringes the copyright or intellectual property rights of a third-party. Copysure will not be liable for any infringement of copyright, which comes to light after the work has been returned to the client.
- Copysure reserves the right not to accept a piece of work from a Client.
- Copysure reserves the right to list work undertaken and positive (anonymous) testimonials from the Client on Copysure’s website, unless notified to the contrary in writing by the Client.
- Copysure reserves the right to make changes to these Terms & Conditions, with notice to the Client.
- Some administrative costs are payable by the client. Postage is charged at cost; printing of documents over 10 pages long for the Client is charged at 3p per sheet. If more than £5 is spent on phone calls for the project, an itemised bill will be submitted and the cost of calls over this sum will be payable by the Client.
- The initial consultation with a new Client will be free of charge. If further face-to-face meetings to discuss a project are required, Copysure reserves the right to charge £20 per hour plus travel expenses, invoiced when the work is completed.
Please make payment by cheque, direct bank transfer or BACS. Cheques should be made payable to Dawn Hoare.
A new individual (not business) Client will be asked for a 50% deposit before work commences, with the remainder payable just before return of the document.
For a new business Client or any existing Client, as soon as the work is done and returned to the Client, Copysure will send an invoice which is payable within 15 days of the invoice date for work of less than 1000 words and within 30 days of the invoice date for work consisting of over 1000 words.
Copysure reserves the right to request payment for work done if there is a significant delay in progress on the Client’s part. If a commission runs over a considerable length of time, Copysure reserves the right to request payment in instalments.
If payment is not received within the above time frame, Copysure reserves the right to refuse to do further work, including work already underway, and to charge interest at the statutory rate under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998.
We take personal privacy very seriously. All information collected will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. Any information you type in and submit using our website, consents us to its collection and the subsequent use of this information. The information we collect may include, and is in no way limited to, your name, address, e-mail address, etc.
Use of this website and the information contained therein is made entirely at the User’s own risk. Copysure reserves the right to change this website content and its functionality at any time and without notice. Copysure does not guarantee the access to, or any immunity from viruses or third-party interception of this website. No liability will be accepted for any loss or damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use this website.
Any decision to follow links to third-party websites are made at the User’s discretion. Copysure will not be held responsible for the content and/or integrity of such websites. No part of this website, including images, logos, photos, information, and appearance, may be copied, republished, broadcast or reproduced in any way without prior written permission of Copysure. Copyright laws protect all images, design and text contained within our websites.